Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Turkey Bowl

Yes, we actually bowled with turkeys. They gave us frozen Butterballs (they come in those handy little net thingies with handles) and that's what we used to knock actual bowling pins over. Man, I'm getting old because my first thought was 'Wow, what a fantastic waste of food...the food shelf really could have used those'. My second thought was 'Ewww....we're bowling with a dead bird'!

Katie actually won a prize on the cake walk and she picked out these cookies. Man, I was trying to get her to take the pie but no dice. Well, she should have listened because she got a bum deal. The cookies were burned and were pretty not good. I promised her we'd make a batch of our own PB cookies and then we used her Easy Bake Oven to make a choc. chip cookie. Yup. Just one.

She also made a really cute Indian corn magnet. It's unfortunate that the magnet isn't strong enough to actually hold it on the fridge, though. I'll look for a stronger magnet this weekend.

Ok. I have a few pictures to upload from bowling with dead fowl so when I do, I'll put some here. I'll leave you with a humorous story that is much funnier in person but here goes. So, we buy Redi-Whip and we never use it on ice cream or pie or anything. Nope, it gets squirt directly into our mouths (without touching the squirting thingy...ew!). Well, I've given some to Jack and the very first time I did it, he looked a little confused but then realization dawned and he was completely into it. (Here is where you'd need to actually hear me (or him) make this sound.) Now when he wants some whipped cream, he comes up to me with his mouth open and will make a 'kggghhhh' sound (think German class where you make that raspy whispery noise in the back of your throat). Yes, ladies and gentlemen. When he wants whipped cream, he mimics the sound the can makes when you spray the whipped cream. Pretty smart kid if you ask me. Of course I may be a tad biased.

G'night.

No comments: