Ok. So, my quilting friends and I were doing this round robin. Basically, we each pick a bunch of fabric, throw it into separate boxes, and then pass the boxes around. When you get a box, you make three blocks with the fabric that the recipient chose and then you pass it on to the next quilter in the group. At the end of the whole thing, we give the boxes back to their owners who 'ooh' and 'aah' over the cool blocks that their friends cared enough to make.
Well, our last round robin ended but I was pretty sure I couldn't make the last get-together so I didn't make my blocks. Well, that was over a month ago and I still didn't make the blocks. We're getting together tomorrow and I was going to start making the blocks last night because I'm all about doing things last minute. Well, didn't I get a bite in the butt. There were no directions in the box so I didn't know what I needed to do. So I wrote to the box's owner to ask her specifications and she told me. Then she wrote something else back to me about it being too much for me since I had so much time and didn't have them done yet. Well, that wrinkled my kinkle and I told her that I ALWAYS make my blocks last minute and I'll be just fine, thank you. Well, I don't like a wrinkled kinkle so here I am at 2:43a (yes, that IS 2:43 in the morning) taking a small break since I just got all my fabric finally cut for the blocks (it took over two hours!). And I'm too stubborn to just give up, go to bed, and admit to her that she was right, I shouldn't have put it off. So I'm sitting here typing away while trying very hard to keep my eyes open. I can't wait to sit down at a machine with a very fast moving very sharp, pointy object just inches from my fingers...
Oh, yes, and I forgot to mention that part of the reason I am up so late cutting fabric is because we have one sick little girl. She is getting quite the cold and is coughing, sniffing, feverish, and oh yes puking. So I had to help clean up the bed, change the sheets, and get her back into bed. Let's hope that she doesn't choose to vomit on me later since she likes to be right on top of me when she isn't feeling well.
Hmmm... I wonder if I could sew three blocks together within an hour in the morning. Probably not. I must not give in!! I have a wrinkled kinkle and it must be unwrinkled! (No, I don't know what that means either but if you figure it out, will you give me a buzzzzzz...zzzzz. *snkngk* What? I wasn't sleeping!) But now my sick kid wants to cuddle with me and is insisting that she can't sleep without me. What a pity! I have to go to bed and my blocks aren't done!! What shall I do??? Oh, the quandary. Oh well, my child must come first. *sigh* The sacrifice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment