Friday, January 30, 2009
Why do kids think sleep is evil??
I don't understand what it is about kids that they feel that sleep is evil. Sweet, wonderful sleep. Katie would rather jump from the roof of this house than to be sent to bed even one minute before I go to bed. It is currently 12:15 and she is still up. She's thirsty. She's itchy. She's wobbly (meaning shaky or dizzy). She needs a snack. She thinks her medicine isn't working anymore. Her ear feels weird (ok, I'll give her that one). Look, she's coughing. *a-huh a-huh*. She's scared. The clock is trying to get her (that one is actually not made up). She's hot. She's cold. Her jammie pants are wet. By the way, these are the reasons that she's given tonight. The child is unnaturally attached to me and I'm not 100% sure how to break her of this. She'll be going to college and having a meltdown when she realizes that I can't move into her dorm room with her. The thing that gets me is that when she's an evil teenager, I will miss this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment