Oh, well, today isn't wonderful.
I did, in fact, get those quilt blocks quilted. And then went and hung out while they sewed and I knit. Socks, if you are wondering. But I was late because I worked on those blocks until the very last second and then I had to run to Coborn's to get Katie some medicine for her fever. We just took her temperature again and it was 102.8. Definitely not the worst and not in the dangerous zone but still worrisome. So, I got her medicine and she's been napping off and on all day. As I said, I went to my get-together, ate too many cookies (but stayed within my POINTS allowance, thank you!) and came home for work. I was hoping to rest a little since I stayed up so late last night but no luck there. I was quite tired at work tonight but I won't complain because that was all my fault and I can handle that.
Well, during the day, Jack started coughing as well but at least he isn't throwing up from it. Katie's poor little face is all pinkish and her eyes look so sick-kid bad. She was up throwing up last night because she was coughing so hard. It really breaks our hearts to watch our kids be this sick. And it doesn't help when Katie says what she said earlier.
So, we gave her a bath in tepid warm water in an attempt to bring her temperature down. She was laying in the water shivering and I said to get out so we could dry and dress her. She was still shivering and I asked her if she'd let Daddy take her downstairs and hold her so I could check email (and write on the blog). As he's carrying her down the stairs and she says "Daddy, this is the worst day of my whole life". Really? The WORST day?? Wow. That's pretty bad.
Time for bed before I snore on the keyboard again. Wait, um, nevermind...I didn't snore on the keyboard last night. That was in your imagination. Um, LOOK! Elvis!! *scurry scurry*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment