Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Katie's better but everyone else feels worse




Well, Katie's antibiotic seems to be helping her. She's jumping all over the place like a flea on a hot brick. But Mike and I are starting to feel unwell and Jack is just really not good. Baby boy keeps coughing himself awake and can't seem to sleep more than an hour or two at a stretch. He hasn't been napping, either because he can't seem to stay asleep. I'm worried that he has an ear infection too but I don't want to be an alarmist and go running to the doctor's with him when there are no outward signs that he does have one. *sigh*

If you've been emailing me, don't be offended if I'm not responding. It takes a whole lot more time and effort to sit down and write a novel of an email than it does to write two or three quick posts. Please don't be offended. These posts also let you know what's going on in a mass email sort of way. This way, I type the info once instead of sending emails to thirty people to let them know how we are. That's why we started the blog so hopefully that's how it is being used. :)

I'm putting a picture of Katie's finished sock on here. I didn't really get any time to work on it today but it was pretty much finished. I just had to sew the opening at the toe closed and that literally took me two minutes. Once Jack went to bed, I did that. So, one sock down, one to go. I adored this yarn in the hank but I'm really disappointed with how it knit up. Katie seems to love it, though, so that's what's important.

So, when I have more time, I'll sit down and tell you all about these Twilight books I've been reading. Oh, they are just something. The story is there, buried under all the over-the-top ridiculous teen angst. But you have to stop rolling your eyes long enough to actually read the words on the page to get to the story. I'm totally rooting for Jacob but I just KNOW that's not where this is going to go. Dumb main character.

No comments: