So, I was a little scared to go back to WW. I knew that I was doing badly. I knew that I had gained but I was praying that it wasn't as bad as I thought. My jeans were growing tighter and I'm out of some of my favorite clothes. But every week that I put it off out of shame and embarassment was that much worse I did the following week. So I bit the bullet and went to my first meeting in a long time. And you know what? I'm up. You know what else? It was worse than I was hoping. But you know what else? It definitely could have been worse. Instead of needing to lose 50 pounds, I need to lose closer to 15. I can live with that. And I've done much more than that before so I'm pretty confident I can do it again. And this time I'm not afraid of the cookies and brownies because I conquered them before so I will do it again.
I'm also going to get back into judo again. I am looking for a local dojo (the closest is 17 miles away...not too bad) so if the price isn't too exorbitant, I'm signing up for February. I'm excited and completely nervous! But again, I'm resolved. My mission of self-betterment is begun.
Now wish me luck and send me good thoughts. I will need them.
One quick funny story (because what would this blog be without them??):
When Mike was a kid, his Pop used to always bellow "Eat" in a low, loud voice to get them to eat. Well, Mike does that to Jack and apparently Mike's dad was doing it when he was here too. Now Jack walks around the house bellowing "Eat" at his sister! Video to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment