Saturday, January 31, 2009

*sniff sniff*

I thought this was a great story and wanted to share this with you. It made me smile.

So, tomorrow is the Super Bowl and I'm currently making several things to take. The only thing that I really really want to make is the one thing I'm not going to make because I know I wouldn't stay away from it. I'm nixing the brownies from my food plans for tomorrow. I can just see me hanging onto those brownies and snarling at anyone who passes too closely. Hmm...not the friendly spirit in which I'm making this food. But I am taking pizza bread, buffalo chicken dip, and (possibly) meatballs. I'm starting to run out of steam and I told Mikey I'd wake up with cranky boy tomorrow morning so I'll have to be finished soon.

Speaking of the kids...Katie seems to pretty much be back to normal but Jack is still as whiney as ever. It is really wearing on both Mike and me so we're hoping very much that he'll be better soon. Tonight was the second full day of antibiotic treatment for his ears and tonight is day 8 of this mystery illness. The hardest thing is that it doesn't seem to be letting up and it feels like there's no end to the misery! Poor kid still isn't really eating and we've tried tempting him with everything we can think of. I'm thinking that when he's better, though, he is going to eat just about everything within sight so we'll have to bolt down the furniture!! They've both lost some weight so I'm trying to keep an eye on them. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for us all.

No comments: