




So, we're on our way home from IKEA where we were trying to find a decent kitchen table (it wasn't the table that was the issue; the chairs are super expensive and super cheap (and frail) looking) and Katie shouts "Mom, Jack's hitting me!!" I told her to leave him alone and to lean away from him so he can't reach her to hit her. After a few minutes, she says "Mom, he isn't hitting me anymore. He isn't so hideous anymore". Get it? Hit-eous?? Mike and I were snorting we were laughing so hard!!
So, yeah. Our kitchen chairs are looking horrible and are pretty gross. They are hand-me-downs and were ok when we got them but definitely well-loved. Well, now they just look pitiful and it's time to lay them to rest. So we went to IKEA. Well, like I said, everything was expensive (one chair cost nearly as much as some of the actual tables!) and most of them looked frail. Mike and I aren't small people and I just don't think those chairs could take our weight too many times. We'd end up with a pile of splinters before too long. So the search is on for some decent chairs. Yay. :)
Mike's birthday was good. We took him to the Cheesecake Factory on Friday for lunch on his actual birthday and the kids were pretty good. Jack was restless but that wasn't unexpected. Katie discovered a penchant for Godiva cheesecake. Then we made Mikey a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting which Katie decorated. Beige frosting with purple icing decorations is a sight to behold I tell you. But she was very proud and the cake was good so all is good.
Then yesterday (Saturday) we left the kids with Gayle and we went to Dave & Buster's to play some games and have dinner. Well, the dining room was ferociously busy so we headed across the parking lot to TGI Friday's which was considerably less busy (40 minutes wait as opposed to 85 minutes wait!). Rick and Lynne joined us and we had a good time. Too bad the time flew by, though.
Today I called Gayle (Oh, shoot!! I forgot to call about getting the pack n play...darnit) because she said that she had funny stories. One was funny, one was a little...not funny! First, Gavin tripped and fell into her and Katie told her in a very offended tone that "Gaving touched my boobs". Well, Gayle said that if she hadn't witnessed the event she might have been worried but she told her that the poor unjustly accused boy merely tripped and caught himself on her...nowhere near her boobs!! The other story was that she came out and said that she didn't want to play with Gavin because he sucks his thumb and he's slobbery. Nice. Really nice Katie. She really missed us when we were gone, though. She had big fat tears when it was bedtime because she thought we had left her with Gayle for a few nights like we did when we went up north. Poor kid. She's been abandoned, I tell you!
Ok. I think I'm heading to bed soon, if you'll believe that. Once the pictures upload, I'm off.

1 comment:
Nice cake, thought it had gummy worms on it when I 1st saw it. *smile*
Post a Comment